Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Epilogue : Full Photo Album and a Paper Trail

I've been home a week or so, and I must say I had a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this, or a similar itinerary to Scotland. Go for it!

I placed all my photos in a Google Photos Album, and I am pleased to offer them here for all to view. While some are in this blog, all are here, in time order sequence, with most photos annotated and with geolocation coordinates for Google Maps.

All my GPX tracks, generated by Strava (except the first half of my Pitlochry to Stirling segment) may be accessed at this link. From Pitlochry to Aberdalgie (where I had my freehub failure), I neglected to start my Strava recording, so I used Komoot to create the GPX track.

I also reassembled my Philip's Navigator Scotland - Philip's Road Atlas spiral bound book with the pages that I removed that compromised my journey.  I then highlighted, in black Sharpie, the actual route I rode. Additionally, I printed about 150 photos in an approximate 2" x 3" format, and pasted most of them along the Sharpie route. Here are a few examples ... it's nice to have a paper record.









Also, a note about the structure of this blog. You're viewing this in a "newest entry first" order. You may want to navigate in an oldest entry first manner to see how the trip was organized and how I experienced it.

-30-


No comments:

Post a Comment